The Federal Funds Management Office is a program attached to the Office of Budget and Management. Its objective is to strengthen the capability of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, its agencies and constituents, to access and manage federal funds in order to achieve the federal and local governments’ goal of economic and social development for Puerto Rico.
• Increase the capability to manage federal programs and grants through training and support in the drafting of proposals in order to increase the probability of assignments to the Island.
• Increase functional knowledge through key processes such as crosscutting management and improvements in compliance with the federal norms regarding grants and management of assignments.
• Support compliance with norms established by the federal government through centralized oversight to minimize the loss of funds, fraud, and abuse; thus achieving maximum use of funds assigned.
• Identify and promote available federal funds and communicate these to constituents and agencies through a free access platform.
• Increase coordination between agencies, the WDC office, and the grantors.
• Coordinate implementation of a consolidated Finance Management system that simplifies audit processes and strengthens competencies and risk management.
• Optimize the use of funds assigned to the Island to maximize the country’s economic development.
1. Communications & Research Management
2. Crosscutting Analysis of Programs and Projects
3. Government Portfolio Management
4. Compliance and Oversight Management